This web site is provided and maintained by the Department of Planning, NSW Government. This privacy statement sets out the Department's practices relating to the privacy of your personal information. Department of planning privacy practices are regulated by the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1988 (NSW). Please note that the Department does not have any responsibility for the privacy policies or practices of third party sites linked to the Joint Regional Planning Panels website.
Under the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1988, you have the right to know the nature of the information that the Joint Regional Planning Panels collect about individuals who use its web site, for what purpose the information is being collected, and how the information is to be used. You may also request access to your personal information collected by the Department of planning or any of the Joint Regional Planning Panels .
If you send email to the Joint Regional Planning Panels, we will only retain and use your e-mail address for the purpose for which you have provided it. It will not be added to a mailing list without your consent.
Site Visit Data
To help the Panels improve its website and provide better services to its users, the Department of Planning makes a record of your visit and logs the following information:
- the user's service address
- the users top-level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc.);
- the address of your server;
- the date and time of your visit to the site
Cookies are not used from the Joint Regional Planning Panels website to collect information.
Exceptions to the Rule
The Panels or the Department of Planning will not collect, use and disclose more extensive information than stated above except in the following circumstances:
- unauthorised attempts to access files that are not published on the Joint Regional Planning Panels web pages
- unauthorised tampering or interference with files published on the Joint Regional Planning Panels website
- unauthorised attempts to index the contents of the Joint Regional Planning Panels website by other sites
- attempts to intercept messages or other users of the Joint Regional Planning Panels website
- communications which are defamatory, abusive, vilify individuals or groups or which give rise to a suspicion that an offence is being committed
- attempts to otherwise compromise the security of the web server, breach the laws of the State of New South Wales or Commonwealth of Australia, or interfere with the enjoyment of the Joint Regional Planning Panels website by other users
- any other circumstances permitted under the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1988
Contact the Joint Regional Planning Panels
Phone: 1300 938 344