This web site is provided and maintained by the Department of Planning & Infrastructure, NSW Government. This privacy statement sets out the department's practices relating to the privacy of your personal information. The department's privacy practices are regulated by the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1988 (NSW). Please note that the department does not have any responsibility for the privacy policies or practices of third party sites linked to the regional panels website.
Under the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1988, you have the right to know the nature of the information that the regional panels collect about individuals who use its web site, for what purpose the information is being collected, and how the information is to be used. You may also request access to your personal information collected by the department or the regional panels.
If you send email to the regional panels, we will only retain and use your e-mail address for the purpose for which you have provided it. It will not be added to a mailing list without your consent.
Site Visit Data
To help the regional panels improve their website and provide better services to its users, the department makes a record of your visit and logs the following information:
- the user's service address
- the users top-level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc.);
- the address of your server;
- the date and time of your visit to the site
Cookies are not used from the regional panels website to collect information.
Exceptions to the Rule
The regional panels or the department will not collect, use and disclose more extensive information than stated above except in the following circumstances:
- unauthorised attempts to access files that are not published on the regional panels web pages
- unauthorised tampering or interference with files published on the regional panels website
- unauthorised attempts to index the contents of the regional panels website by other sites
- attempts to intercept messages or other users of the regional panels website
- communications which are defamatory, abusive, vilify individuals or groups or which give rise to a suspicion that an offence is being committed
- attempts to otherwise compromise the security of the web server, breach the laws of the State of New South Wales or Commonwealth of Australia, or interfere with the enjoyment of the regional panels website by other users
- any other circumstances permitted under the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1988
Contact the regional panels
Phone: 02 9228 2060